Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Yes! I know. I start one and it takes me forever to update. I am just learning!!!


For those of you that do not know - I collect Nativity scenes. I just love them. To me that is the real meaning of Christmas. In fact - I got my nativities up, but still have no decorations on the main tree. I now own about 53 of them and a bunch of books that could count as one also! So, here is some pictures of my nativities. Hope you enjoy!


All my life I wanted a village around my tree, but I never got any pieces. But, each year I would buy a new nativity scene. A few years ago - I decided to forget the village and just put my nativities around my tree. So, this is what it looks like!


This is the Nativity that we bought last year from Garrick Hyde. He goes around the world and finds nativities and sells them to help those in need in those countries. This one is amazing. Especially the palm trees!


This is another one we got from Garrick. It was made in China from an UnChristian. He had read the Bible and carved this scene. On the left is the shepards. On the right are the Wise Men. In the center is Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus. But, if you can see -- there is another man standing there. It is God the Father! Pretty interesting that an UnChristian knows that God the Father and Jesus Christ are two different individuals!



This is a special one for us. This was given to us from Doug's Sister-in-law. A week later her and her daughter were killed in an airplane crash. This always helps us remember Susan and Brenna!

Here is another one that we bought from Garrick Hyde. This one is special because it came from Guatamalla. This is where Doug served on his mission. The clothes were all hand woven.


This is my new one for the year. I have always wanted the Willow Tree set. I finally turned in my Deseret Book points and got the main set. Maybe next year - I will add to it!

Why do I love Nativity scenes?
Because Jesus is the reason for the Season!!!


So, from our house to yours--
Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!




(For those interested in Garrick Hyde and his Nativities visit http://www.worldnativity.com/)

2 comments:

Figgins said...

They are so fun to see. I guess I need to come down and see them in person.

Katie W said...

Toni-
I am so glad you did an entry with your Nativities. They are just beautiful! Who cares about the tree when you have those.

I miss you!!! I'll have to call you or come over sometime.